Historical picture gallery

Playful: after the conversion of 1885, the Town Hall was in line with the style of the Neo-Renaissance, with its towers, pilasters and cornices.
The Town Hall looks plain after the conversion of 1934.
Unchanging: seen from the back, the Town Hall is almost a high-rise. Today there are eight storeys below the lamp on the roof ridge.
Listed: the new construction of 1958 according to plans by the architect Paul Schmitthenner.
"At home they ruled themselves contentedly..." The quote on the recessed bronze plate in the foyer is from William Tell by Friedrich Schiller. It makes the case for communal self administration.